Hawaiian Memorial has asked the City and County to change the Kaneohe/Kailua City Plan to allow cemetery on Conservation land. We are totally opposed to this. The State Land Use Commission has already ordered that the land remain in conservation.
HMP is asking for two things:
1) a wording change which allows cemeteries in the City preservation district.
2) a map change which places the conservation land into the City preservation district.
(You can see their detailed request here.)
We are opposed to the change, as it is a sneaky way to bypass the Land Use Commission's decision.
We are asking for three things:
1. Disallow the changes for HMP above.
2. Clarify that land outside of the community growth boundary is conservation land
3. Clarify that cemetery structure guidelines are not permission to expand on conservation land.